Idea of going out? We can offer you a bike ride along the Canal de la Bruche.
From our lodgings, the cycle path will take you to Strasbourg (if you wish). In addition, our bikes are at your disposal. What are you waiting for ?!
The Canal was built in 1682 to transport the sandstone blocks necessary for the construction of the new citadel and the fortifications of Strasbourg. Originally, the canal was thought of as temporary, but it has remained in the landscape and has become the favorite cycle path of the locals.
Without difficulty and accessible to all, on foot, rollerblades, or bikes. The track has two directions of traffic (right) respected by everyone.
11 locks have been preserved as well as the lock houses. Picnic tables and benches have been sown along the route to allow you to organize your picnic or your snacks. A playground is also available for children.
Take advantage of the walk to admire the weeping willows whose branches bathe in the canal.And don't forget to open your eyes to slalom between the ducks and geese that stroll or take a nap along the canal.
You can also stop for a drink or a snack at Ravito des Cyclos . Installed in a lock keeper near Ernolsheim sur Bruche, local products are in the spotlight! You can also enjoy their end-of-day concerts. This little corner of paradise is accessible only by the cycle path and reserved for cyclists.
For nature and / or sport lovers, this outing is highly recommended. You will not regret it !
In Alsace, the Vineyard is the gateway to fabulous hikes in the Vosges!
Climb on foot up to Mont St Odile from Ottrott, discover the 3 castles above Ribeauvillé, enjoy the 180 ° panorama towards Lorraine and Alsace from the Donon temple ... You will inevitably find a beautiful hike that will suit your level and your wishes.
From our place, put on your walking shoes and set off to explore the Casemates trail which can lead you to Molsheim. Or go around the Scharrach and then discover the wine trails above Marlenheim.
To guide you in your journeys, here are some links:
Follow the guide !
- there is a 24 hour delay between each reservation,
- the apartment is cleaned as usual by us but with a "virucidal" product for disinfecting surfaces and contact points,
- household linen is washed at 60 degrees with a disinfectant,
- soap is provided in the kitchen and the bathroom
- as usual you have the dishwasher tablets provided but with the obligation to use the dishwasher (no washing up liquid provided and check out the dishes before your departure),
- we provide you with a disinfection kit for your stay : washable wipes, bleach dispenser, hydroalcoholic gel,
- for your welcome, we meet up in the courtyard. We welcome you, introduce you to the place, explain the organization of the apartment. The key will be on the apartment door.
We really hope these steps will suit you and make you feel comfortable. Another advantage, you are in the nature ! Large spaces are on our doorstep, so take advantage of it.